What to bring to camp
While on camp you will be doing many different activities, so here is a list of things you will need to bring:
- Bedding (Sheets, Doona or sleeping bag).
- Your own pillow.
- A waterproof jacket.
- A torch.
- Two towels.
- Boots with a heel for Horse Riding.
- Long pants for Horse Riding.
- Closed toe shoes - runners or sneakers.
- A hat and bathers.
- Sunsmart clothing that covers your shoulders & stomach must be worn by Ranchers at all times, this includes swimming gear for the lake (NO singlets or tank tops please!).
- Old clothes that can get dirty.
- Clothes appropriate for the dress up/themed dinner.
- Pocket money for the Ice Cream Parlour & Book Nook.
- A Bible & note book if you have one.
Some facts you need to know
- Mill Valley Ranch is a nut free camp so please DO NOT bring any food that contains nuts to camp.
- NO mobile phones, Ipods, game consoles or electronic devices (cameras are fine!) are permitted at camp. These items are to be left at home & if brought must be handed in at booking in for the duration of the camp for safe keeping. They create anti-social behaviour & we do not want them to get lost or stolen.
- All medication (in its original packaging) is to be handed into staff at booking in & will be administered by staff as per instructions.
- If you wish to bring your own horse riding helmet, please ensure it is a current AS/NZ 3838 and must bear the sticker. The helmet must be less than 5 years old.
- The Ice Cream Parlour and Book Nook will be open during camp, so Ranchers may bring some pocket money to buy goodies at our camp stores. Pocket money is to be handed to staff at booking in & a record will be kept of all purchases. MVR is not responsible for any money that may be lost or stolen.
- Mill Valley Ranch's full time Staff are all qualified with Level 2 First Aid & will be present on all camps.
- During Roundups, trained Leaders will stay in the rooms with the Ranchers to supervise & help create a fun, safe atmosphere.
- All Staff and Volunteers over the age of 18 have current Working With Children Checks.
- Mill Valley Ranch is a smoke, alcohol, drug and dog free site.